Flame Bearers celebrates the resilience of women through the lens of sport. From household names to unsung heroes, each of our featured stories highlights the successes, struggles and social issues that drive the world’s most prestigious athletes.
Flame Bearers is the only global storytelling platform specifically for women Olympians and Paralympians. We celebrate the journeys of unsung women Olympians & Paralympians and provide action-oriented analysis of the issues closest to their hearts. We share their rarely-heard stories and are a microphone for women who are true masters of resiliency. Through storytelling, we use sport as a vehicle for issues such as racial justice, disability bias or pay equity.
Why Flame Bearers:
To provide opportunities for both athletes and fans alike
- For women Olympians and Paralympians to share their dreams, struggles, and lessons of mental fortitude, overcoming stereotypes, and building resilience
- For listeners to learn from the life-changing experiences of these elite women athletes
- For women everywhere to know they are not alone and have a community that will always be behind them!
- You love sports (playing or watching) and believe sports can change lives
- You’re a go-getter who likes to lift up other women because you know we all rise together
- You are curious about women from around the world!
- You see differences as opportunities for connection and learning not something to be fearful of or to avoid
- *Edit* You have ideas that you can improve sports and for women all around the world
Being a #FlameBearers Fellow is being:
Check Out the Curriculum here